8.25.2008

POEM: I AM the light.


Some days seem bleak, with nothing more in sight.
Some days it's more difficult to find the light.
There are days you forget why you are here.
Be still.  Know that I am still here.

I know you, my dear child who is lost.
I've kept you in my safe-keep box.
Til you're weary enough and need to rest;
Don't give up child; you are blessed.

For don't you forget your purpose here,
Your life is My plan; with Me there is no fear.
Come rest your day in my arms; be still.
The things hard to understand are My will.

You might not know of your work or your worth,
But I've been planning this since your birth.
Try not to think of you and of your sorrows;
But of the magnitude you may play in someone's tomorrow.

Yes, you are here to learn and grow!
Planting, loving, and sewing seeds as you go.
Lift your heart; let it be light,
For I carry your burden. I AM the light.

Vanessa 2008/Aug

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful poem!